Union Song Revival Almost Ready
- Brad Walker has almost finished really beautiful programs.
- Nine performers are ready, but there may be more
- Several of us have agreed to meet at the Union Hall, 2218 E Main in Grand Prairie, at 9 AM to set up for opening at 1 PM.
- We'll have more than adequate professional sound systems.
- We'll be seling hot links, pastries, and popcorn
- The performers who have CD's will sell them and keep the money
- Jobs with Justice will give away buttons, whistles, and other stuff
- Various committees and affiliated organizations have been invited.
- We expect to lead off with a singalong of "Which Side are you On?" Everybody will have lyrics
- Then we'll introduce the performers in whatever order they want.
- We know for sure that we'll be able to show the deep ties between unions and civil rights, women's movement, and religious activism.
- Assuming it all goes well, we'll wind up with a rousing singalong led by all the performers at once "Solidarity Forever."
- We really hope to get videos made. We're hoping to make this a terrific annual event, so what goes on YouTube might be important.
- UAW 848 has posted it all over the airplane factory.
- The Dallas AFL-CIO faxed out our leaflet to all affiliated unions.
- Tarrant County AFL-CIO is handing it out at their July 19 meeting.
- There's no way to guarantee how many people will come to this first effort, but it's certain as anything that we're going to have a great time!
love & solidarity,
join or donate to North Texas Jobs with Justice